This view across the river from Riverside Gardens approximates the site of the Roman crossing to the fortress. The bridge apparently washed away in floods and a new bridge was built downstream on the current site of Ouse Bridge.
The guildhall was built in the mid-15th century, was badly damaged in 1942 and restored in 1960. (Ref. 1)
The landing and gated entrance to Common Hall Lane is readily seen under the north wing (on the left) of the Guildhall.
Photo: taken 3 June 2007