Built in 1745-7 across land opened up on the removal of the derelict Davy House.
Numbers 16/18 Coney Street on the corner of New Street, were built around 1500. In the 1700s the fronts were plastered and the windows altered. In 1927 number 16/18 was renovated with the removal of the plaster. (Ref. 1)
New Street is pedestrianised.
Junction with Coney Street. Turn left heading for Spurriergate and Castlegate; turn right heading for St. Helen's Square.